Accelerating the translation of emerging cancer research in the UK
Funded by Innovate UK and Cancer Research UK, the programme brings together a unique collaboration of global pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, research institutions and public bodies to identify and progress exciting oncology innovations that will improve the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Its goal is to bring forward viable oncology projects much more quickly in order to significantly increase their likelihood of commercial success, and ultimately, patient benefit.
What’s on offer
• Opportunity for approximately 30 projects to attend a 3 day pre-development workshop
• 8 successful projects chosen join full development programme
• Up to £60,000 of grant funding
• Support from a collaboration of AstraZeneca, Cancer Research UK, Innovate UK, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, GlaxoSmithKline, Roche, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Medicines Discovery Catapult and the Manchester Cancer Research Centre
• Final 6 projects invited to phase 2 of the programme
• Demo Day
The programme is for anyone working on any science or technology with the potential to improve the way cancer is diagnosed and treated. Applications from the following are welcome:
Researchers and research groups at a UK university or research institute
Early stage companies registered in the UK
Applications from individuals and teams will be accepted.
Any innovation with the potential to improve cancer diagnosis and treatment will be considered.
Examples of topics that are in-scope include, but are not limited to:
Drug discovery and development projects
Early detection methods
Drug delivery approaches
Digital health technologies
You do not have to have had funding from Cancer Research UK or Innovate UK to apply.