At the moment while working from home, a lot of people are missing the day-to-day feel of being in the office. Whether you’re missing office life, or just want your background to appear a little more professional, one of the best ways to get the look is by customising your video conference settings.
If you’re using Microsoft Teams or Zoom to conduct meetings for work or simply catching up with friends and family, you can now change your background image, hiding what’s actually there, and placing you into a beautiful, but entirely virtual office or meeting room.
Whether you’re using Zoom or Teams, you can now add one of our professional images of our own spaces to completely transform your home, albeit virtually. It’s easy to do, and instructions how to change your background image for both Zoom and Teams are below.
Start by selecting your favourite image (or images) from the ones below.
Instructions for Microsoft Teams
1. If you’re using Microsoft Teams on a Windows PC, copy and paste this address into your File Explorer address bar:
If you’re using a Mac, copy and paste this address if your Finder address bar
2. Now download your chosen image (or images) and add them to the folder you’ve got open.
3. Then, when you’re on a call on Teams, click the three dots in the control bar, choose Show Background Effects, and then choose your new Bruntwood background and brace yourself to become the envy of your friends and work colleagues.
Instructions for Zoom
If you’re using Zoom, the process is even easier.
1. Start by opening the Zoom program.
2. Then click Room Management.
3. Then select Zoom Rooms.
4. From there, go to Account Settings at the top of the page.
5. In the Account Profile tab, under Background image for Zoom Rooms, click Upload New Image
6. Select your saved background image, click open, and welcome yourself in to your new office.