West Midlands Academic Health Science Network
The West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN) strives to make the West Midlands a healthier and more productive place, using technology to create economic growth and stimulate innovative ideas. This programme creates the ideal environment for innovative health tech companies to scale at pace.
Serendip - Innovation Birmingham
Calling all tech focused healthcare companies
Through an established healthcare network, the WMAHSN provides opportunities to connect all areas of healthcare and enterprise, working closely with NHS commissioners, NHS service providers, healthcare professionals, patients, carers and the public. Based at Innovation Birmingham, the programme provides an immersive, tech focused environment.
Established to accelerate business growth, a network of business mentors, and access to smart investment opportunities are just some of the benefits of being placed on the WMAHSN programme. Pivotal to the generation and maintenance of a healthier region, the WMAHSN nurtures the region’s most promising healthcare ventures.
What’s on offer to SMEs
• 24 months of tailored business support e.g. IP, Marketing, HR
• Access to office space at Innovation Birmingham
• Round tables and talks with angels and VCs, introductions to investors, and pitch coaching
• Support from Bruntwood SciTech's network
• Business development opportunities and introductions to potential customers
• Growth focus – business support, e.g. IP, marketing, HR, partnerships
The WMAHSN is always keen to hear from exciting new digital health and medtech companies, particularly those working in mental health or maternal care.
To be considered for the programme, please submit an application and one of our team will be in touch.