A legacy of knowledge, expertise and commercial opportunity
HS2 will drive innovation in the design and build, employing new technologies and techniques to improve productivity, innovating to do more with less and create fewer emissions and noise. We will build a legacy of knowledge, expertise and new commercial opportunities for the UK.
Innovate@HS2, HS2’s accelerator programme in collaboration with Connected Places Catapult and Bruntwood SciTech will help achieve this vision. Two cohorts of five small companies per year, will have the opportunity to work with HS2 to develop new innovative digital products and services that can help leave a legacy of new ways of working and best practice.
What’s on offer to SMEs
• Coaching and mentoring, including pitch coaching, business support and VC coaching
• Solution showcase. Demonstration Day to investors, industry and customers
• Tailored investment readiness programme, with support from investment coaches
• Growth Focus. Four months tailored business support.
• Funding advice, including CR&D and grant opportunities
• Technical support and sprints and access to technical experts
• Business development opportunities and introductions to potential customers
• Access to office space at Innovation Birmingham Campus (subject to Covid-19)
• Bespoke business support to 5 disruptive SMEs
• Support SMEs to secure investment and produce investment strategies
• Facilitate discussions that lead to commercial contracts, both UK and international
• Support collaborative R&D – where appropriate / applicable
• Deliver two agile sprints and technical focused sessions to develop technologies and meet challenge requirements
• Support the implementation of potential trials with HS2 and HS2 partners
• Support development of FTEs
Applicants must be SMEs (less than 250 employees & turnover under £50 million)
Applicants must have a UK registered company
You must have an innovative digital or data solution at TRL 6 - 8
You must be able to address the challenge statements with your technology
Applicants must commit to one day per week working from iCentrum, Innovation Birmingham Campus
We want to hear from startups and small businesses who can meet our challenges. We will provide guidance, support and insight to develop your innovative idea or product and develop your company to be fit for HS2 supply chain.